In which I transform from dunce to goddess. Theoretically.

Sunday 27 October 2013

My husband and I (until very recently) both work full time. I'm a teacher (no, we don't just work 9-3!) and he's a buyer for a toy retailer (no, he doesn't just play with toys all day, apparently!). We work long days leaving the house at 7 and getting home at 6 or 7 in the evening. I'm not after sympathy, I know this is pretty much par for the course for most people. My point is that it results in this conversation most nights.

"What shall we have for dinner?"

"Dunno, what do you want?"

"Dunno, what do you want?"

"I don't mind, what is there?"

"Dunno."

Now, this can become surprisingly irritating when it happens EVERY DAY for the 7 YEARS we've lived together!!!!!

And usually ended in either of the following ways:

"Just stick some pasta on"

Or

"Microwave that ......... From last week"

Or

"I'll order pizza"

Or (this is by far the worst)

"It's too late, I'm not hungry anymore."



EUGH!

And that is why I have been arguing for creating a meal plan for YEARS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment